Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cities That Would Be Awesome To Call Home


I live in Nashua, NH. Not that tough, hard, rich, poor, or anything outstanding. I think we are the best place two live two times running, but that is mostly voted on by jerks and lesbians so no big deal. One time I lived in Wallingford, CT. Don't worry about it. I was born in North Providence, RI. When I tell people that, I don't pronounce the "r" in North in order to make myself feel hard. People look at me strangely. None of the three are overly cool. Nashua has a strong Puerto Rican population. North Providence has moved from Italians to darks. I need some Goddamn street cred. Top 5 places that would make me harder if I was born there.

1. Staten Island, NY.
Known to many as "Shaolin." Home to the Wu-Tang Clan. Not home to pussies.

2. Compton, LA, CA.
I would generally keep a blue flag hangin' out the back side, but only on the left side. Ya, that's the Crip side. I can see it now, The Game and I would have grown up on the same block, sippin' Olde English together, smokin' L's, overall livin' it up. Instead I go to a college with a 26:1 Guy to straight chick ratio. Also extremely close to USC.

3. Illadelph, PA
215. The area code that is frequently rapped about by The Roots and even once by Ludacris. The end of my AIM screename. The weight class I wrestled in high school. A generally cool number. Home to many awesome athletes including Charles Barkley and Skoal Hamels.

4. Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, NY
Bedford-Stuyvesant Heights. This is the home to a ton of cool hip-hop artists and I feel my rap career would be on a better track at this point in my life had I been born here. Jay-Z. Talib Kweli. Mos Def. Notorious B.I.G. Busta Rhymes. Come on, this place is awesome. "I got an obscure reference, Dave Chappelle's Block Party."

5. Surry County, VA.
Granted I may have just accepted a plea bargain, I would be WAY cooler if I was from here. 1915 Moonlight Road is the home to some of the best underground dog fights around the United States. That place is fuckin Bad Newz.

Still not cool or tough. Oh well. I guess i'll just end up eating a lot of spicy food, humming black people music into my 30's, well into my 30's.

Shaolin's Finest,
- K-Rock -

No comments: