Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week's 3 and 4: Back in the saddle

It's working.

Over the past couple of weeks I've seen distinct changes in my face. And when I say "distinct changes" I mean more prominent features. Who would have thought I was capable of having a jaw line made out of bone instead of a fleshy turkey-neck-type deal.

One thing I've taken to doing to make this go a lot better is I stopped preparing breakfast, so to speak. I figured the most important part of the process of breakfast was egg whites. I typically have a small cup of coffee with breakfast, which has helped me along as a chaser as I down two huge gobs of egg whites straight from the carton. All the protein without having to deal with something that has the smell and texture of hardened cat vomit (my personal approximation, cannot be confirmed).

So Saturday (my normal cheat day), after swallowing a good portion of egg whites, I took to the stars, consuming nearly 4,000 calories before noon with a trip to Dunkin Donuts and Burger King before my 1 o'clock hockey game. I was rolling. Bloated, nearly sick, but rolling. I'd be interested to learn about the endorphins released when I consume food I crave. Seriously why does it take shitty food to make me feel that good? Anyway, from there I had a dinner with my brother and his girlfriend. There I had ribs, pork loin, mashed potatoes, three glasses of wine, a beer, and then to top it off, some baked Alaskan. For a night cap, I had three beers, three jack and gingers, and some good conversation. Now for the best part:

While I was hanging out with some friends, I felt the need to go into the bathroom and check the damage of the day. I got weighed in on Tuesday, and much to my surprise, I weighed in at 224 lbs. Stupidly, I did not weigh myself in at the start of this diet, but my best approximation was that I had shed anywhere from 8-12 pounds. So after a day of consuming endless amounts of calories, I stepped on the scale, fully clothed except for shoes, took a deep breath, and looked down.

218.

I drunkenly burst from the bathroom demanding to know whether the scale in the bathroom was accurate. I was unconvincingly assured that the scale was accurate. So, even after a day of binging, I am still losing weight. To date, were are somewhere between 14-20 lbs in only four weeks work. I'm well on my way to being under 200 lbs by summer.

Bad news, I woke up today hungover but whatever. Nothing a burrito bowl couldn't fix. Until next time, hos.

Egg whites and black beans,
RVonD

No comments: