Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Who Do I Make the Check Out To?



I'm a blogger. It hurts me to say that, but I am what I am.

I say some things about famous people and "regular" people I don't like, and I'm told that at times my brand of funny can tickle the ribs of the two people who actually read this goddamn thing. But, blogging is a hobby, an outlet. Do I ever think I should get paid handsomely for this and somehow become a staple of popular culture? Well yeah, but it's not going to happen. So I would like to thank whatever the guys name is that finally clocked that insufferable asshole Perez Hilton.

I know I'm a little slow on this news story, but what I realized this morning on the shitter is that this fat mess is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with America.

Case in point. You can go on perezhilton.com and see every other story is about equality, gay rights, gay marriage, you get the idea. And then this guy has the balls to call a respected artist who mentioned he didn't appreciate being written about a "fucking faggot." It's great to see such a glaring case of bigotry from somebody who spends his waking hours fighting stereotypes and advocating for equal rights. It saddens me that this country has adopted the creed that a person doesn't want anybody to mention sexual orientation/race/gender/religious or political affiliation unless it directly benefits them in some way. This country has become so politically "correct" that we've actually gone the other way. For example, I find the term "African American" actually more offensive than the term "black." And if THAT offends you, then you're both an asshole AND an idiot. The fact that you think that ALL black people come from Africa just shows what a sheltered prick you are. Read a book. Nobody calls me a "European American," because that would be dumb right? Case closed.

Let's toy with this idea for a second: Why do I have the right to say what I just said. The all too often cited "Freedom of Speech" notion that we all cling to like a fat kids mesh shorts to his inner-thighs. What we as people fail to realize is that this freedom we all celebrate is, and forever will be, a two-way street. Above all other things I consider myself a political moderate. Some see it as me just not picking sides and refusing to play for one team or the other. I see it as being a true believer in the democratic system. You vote for and back the person you think will do the best job. End of story, plain and simple. That being said, my core value system is also something of a hybrid. Now, I'm all for gay marriage, equal rights for all CITIZENS and the like, but I also recognize that people don't believe in what I believe in, and I respect that.

Take Mr. Perez Hilton for instance. We can go on and on about gay marriage and rights and whatever we want to, but we also have to allow for the flip side of things. I'm not asking you to agree with everything, I'm not pleading with you to see where they are coming from, but if you can shoot your ignorant fucking mouth off about one thing, you better be ready to back it up. You can't just draw cocks on peoples faces and put cartoon jizz all over them and expect nobody to have a problem with it. You can't ask a question about gay marriage during the Miss America pageant and get all pissy when you don't get the answer you wanted to hear (you all saw that right)? If there is one thing I've wanted to drive home ever since I started writing on this goddamn page is that there is two sides to everything, and that for once, has to be at least acknowledged by people. As mentioned prior, this isn't a plea to understand why some people hate gays, blacks, hispanics, asians, catholics, republicans, whatever. This is a call to understand that we're all fucked up, we all don't like some things, and fucking get over yourself and enjoy the fruits of your parents labor, because none of us work hard anymore, and that sickens me. Ignorance is failing to recognize something outside of your own mindset, plain and simple, and I am tired of that word being used for people who simply don't agree with what you're saying.

In closing, I hope this isn't the last time this happens. It's a wake-up call, a call to arms for people who simply aren't going to lay down for what I'm going to call passive-aggressive fascism here. I don't agree with you, I don't like you, and if you say anything that is an attack on me, I'm going to punch you, with deadly accuracy mind you, right in your fucking mouth. But for now, keep making money by calling fifteen-year-old girls whores and sluts on your website. You're a real beacon of hope for us all, you fat prick.

Praise His name,
R Von Dexter

1 comment:

Keefe said...

I don't know what's worse with the world today, that fat turd, or the obsession that is Jon & Kate. I mean come on. It's disgusting. I don't need to see pictures, let alone a TV show about two guys who had a litter of puppies. No thanks.